ES2700 DC Drive
|1/4 - 1
|1 1/2 - 2
|1/2 - 1 1/2
|3 - 5
|High Performance in 2 Models Programmable for:
- Input Voltage and Frequency
- Tach or Armature Voltage Feedback
- Torque or Speed Regulation
- Horsepower (Maximum Current)
The ES2700 DC Drive is a high performance, non-regenerative DC motor
control. Included are many standard features that are
available only as options on many other single-phase
non-regenerative drives. Accessibility to all important
internal regulator points is provided by terminals on the
control. This permits the ES2700 to be used in custom
engineered applications, as well as in standard speed
regulated applications. The ES2700 DC Drive was designed to control a
DC motor's speed or torque by varying the DC voltage applied
to the motor's armature.
Single phase AC input is converted to variable voltage DC
output power by the ES2700 DC Drive. The DC output voltage varies as a
function of an input reference voltage in speed regulated
applications. Changing the speed reference results in a motor
speed change. The DC output current varies as a function of an
input reference voltage in torque regulated applications.
Changing the torque reference changes the current supplied to
the motor and results in a change in motor torque output.
The ES2700 DC Drive is a versatile control. Simple jumpered programming
allows the ES2700 DC Drive to operate from either 120 or 240VAC input
power at 50 or 60 Hz. Additional jumpers program the control
to operate as either a speed regulator with armature voltage
or DC tachometer feedback or as a torque regulator with
armature current feedback.
Two control models handle the entire 1/4 to 5HP range of
application. Calibration of drive current limit and inverse
time overload protective circuits for rating within this range
is by means of a jumper change in the main printed circuit
Included in the ES2700 DC Drive control are many built-in features not
available on competitive units. Field economy and separately
adjustable rates of acceleration and deceleration are included
as standard. If desired, the built-in Accel/Decel control
ramps can be bypassed completely without any change to the
control, and current compounding can be added to the speed
regulation by changing the position of a jumper. Current limit
is normally set by a potentiometer located on the he main
printed circuit board, but if desired, it can be adjusted
using a remote mounted potentiometer or customer supplied
voltage signal. The ES2700 also includes an ammeter output for
use with one of the ES2700 DC Drive ammeter kits. No additional ammeter
shunt is required.
On occasion, customer requirements may dictate that the
operator's devices be mounted on the door of the enclosure.
- Circuit Board Indicators - Light emitting diodes
(LEDs) of the main circuit board indicate: DC overload,
Field Loss, Instantaneous Over-current Trip, Run Mode, Jog
Mode, SCR's Being Gated.
- Solid State Full Wave Power Bridge - Uses
generously rated power semiconductors for maximum
reliability and long life.
- Isolated Control Circuitry - Provides complete
isolation of the control and regulator circuitry from the
AC power bus for protection in the event of a ground
fault. The ammeter, speed potentiometer, and tachometer
are not at line potential. Complete system capability is
also possible without additional isolation accessories.
- Power Supplies - Each ES 2700 contains
and internal 115 VAC power supply to power the DC loop
contractor and drive logic relays. Internal ±24 VDC, ±15
VDC and a regulated ±10 VDC power supply are also
- Ammeter Output - Motor current can be indicated
with the simple addition of a remote meter.
- Field Economy - Insures longer life for wound
field DC motors. May be easily bypassed or time delayed to
meet specific application requirements.
- Remote Current Limit - Available by the simple
addition of a potentiometer or DC voltage input.
- Negative IR Compensation- Available by jumper
connection. Allows use of control in jumper applications.
- Current (Torque) Regulator - 1% accuracy armature
current regulator allows the operator to control motor
torque instead of speed.
- Speed Regulator - 2% accuracy using armature
voltage feedback with IR compensation or 1% accuracy with
tachometer feedback. Regulation may be improved by
selecting the proper motor mounted tachometer.
- Separately Adjustable Linear Accel/Decel Control
- Two ranges: 0.2 - 4 seconds or 2 - 30 seconds.
- Inner Current Loop Regulator - Inherent high band
width capability for fast response.
- AC Line Filter and Transient Voltage Suppression
Network - Eliminates interaction between other drives
or AC equipment.
- SCR Trigger Circuits - Pulse transformer
isolated, hard firing, high frequency "burst"
type pulse train output from individually grated
oscillators insures SCR conduction regardless of the
effects of the notching or incoming AC power line.
- Standard Adjustments - Maximum speed, minimum
speed, acceleration time, deceleration time, IR
compensation, current limit, jog speed, velocity
stability, speed rate and current stability.
- Jog at Preset Speed - Separately adjustable from
zero to plus or minus 50% of base speed.
- Exclusive Static Adjustable Current Limit -
Allows static setting of the desired current limit value
without applying DC power and without a connected output
load whenever the optional test meter in connected.
- Common Control Circuit Boards - All ES
2700 series controls utilize the same PC board regardless
of HP, voltage, frequency, or control mode.
- Instantaneous Over-current Protection - Senses
armature fault current quickly to protect both
semiconductors and motors against damaging current levels.
- Test Meter - this modification consists of a
digital panel meter and multi-position selector switch. It
provides the capability to monitor nine critical drive
parameters. The test meter kit easily connects.
- Ammeter Kit - the ES2700 DC control includes
circuitry to drive an external ammeter without the
addition of an ammeter shunt. This external meter can be
calibrated in either percent load or in amperes.
- Speed Potentiometers - kits includes a high
quality industrial grade pot, adjustment knob and
associated mounting hardware.
- Rated Line Voltage: 120 or 240 VAC AC Single Phase
- Line Voltage Variations: ±10%
- Rated Line Frequency: 50/60Hz (±2Hz)
- Ambient Temperature: 0-40o C (32o F to 140o F)
- Altitude: Sea Level to 3300 Feet
- Ambient Temperature: (Enclosed Control) 0oC to 40oC
- Ambient Temperature: (Chassis Mount Control) 0oC to 55oC
- Storage Temperature: -30oC to 65oC
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95%
*Operation at elevated temperature and higher altitudes
requires derating of the control
- Min Speed: 0-30% of rated speed
- Acceleration Time: 0.2 to 4 sec. or 2-30 sec. linear
- Deceleration Time: 0.2 to 4 sec. or 2-30 sec. linear
- Jog Speed: 1 to 50% rated speed
- IR Compensation: 0 to 15% rated voltage
- I Limit: 0 to 150% of selected range
- Max Speed: 70-130% of rated speed
- Control Speed Range: 20:1 for basic control. May be
extended to 200:1 by modification.
- Speed Regulations: 1% of maximum speed with any DC
For a 95% load change:
Voltage regulated: 2-5% of max. speed.
Speed regulated: 1% of max. speed with any DC
- All Other Variables:
Voltage Regulated: Changes up to 15% of top speed can
result from temperature variations, voltage and
frequency variations and drift.
Speed Regulated: 1% of maximum speed with any DC
2% of maximum speed with any AC tachometer
- Overload Capacity: 150% of rated current for 1 minute
- Service Factor: 1.0
- Voltage: 100VDC with 120 VAC input200VDC with 240VAC
- Current: 3 amperes max.
MOUNTING DIMENSIONS FOR CHASSIS ES2700
Home / Contact
Us / Products / Service
/ Sales /Supported
Product / Powertec Support
/ Serviced Products / Feedback
Crestlawn Drive, Unit # D8 & D9
Ontario L4W 1A7 Canada